Saturday, October 11, 2008

An Open Letter - Volume 2

To the bottom-dwelling law-breaker who spent all my money at ticketmaster--


You must be pretty proud of yourself concocting an engenius idea to steal some unsuspecting schmuck's debit card info, buy dozens of Tina Turner tickets on ticketmaster and then sell them on ebay. Pretty brilliant, right? The unsuspecting schmuck's bank account is merely collateral damage, right? Well, bottom-dweller that you are (I will hereafter refer to you as BD), there is more at play here than you realize. Let me educate you.

I am having a hard time understanding, BD, why you would endeavor to do such a thing. I could understand if you were out of work in this terrible economy and took someone's cc# to buy food for your hungry children. I wouldn't agree with it, but I would understand it. I suppose it's possible that the funds from a massive Tina Turner ticket sell-off could provide funds to feed your undernourished children. But, the turn around time of tickets that sit on ebay for a couple weeks make that scenario unlikely. Your kids would've died of malnutrition long before you saw any profit off those puppies. It is clear to me, BD, that you are doing this for a more malevolent purpose.

Remember our friend, the unsuspecting schmuck? What do you say we put a face to her? I think that's a good idea, BD. She gets by, working really hard to save her money and get out of debt. She just got her first apartment and doesn't even have enough furniture yet to fill it up. She's working hard doing the Right Things to make her way in this world. Enter BD, who thinks that selling a bunch of Tina Turner tickets on ebay purchased with fradulently obtained debit card information is a really smashing idea.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself, BD?

No?

Ah, my unscrupulous friend, apparently more convincing is in order.

More likely, the purpose of your scheme is to use this money, or, shall we say, MY MONEY to buy yourself a few toys, or to reinvest it in your shady business of doing illegal things. You may make a little extra money to pad your bank account using these foul methods. But, rest assured, BD, you will get complacent. Easy money has that kind of effect on people. Complacency leads to mistakes. This money won't be so easy when you're in a state prison, with an anxious, white-knuckled grip on your bar of soap. That will be very hard money indeed.

The law will catch up with you, BD. It always does.

Until then, BD, I'm not sweating it too much. My bank has already decided that this isn't something I'll be liable for. You can thank them for that. Had they not come to that conclusion, you can bet that I would've hunted your fat, lazy a$$ without sleeping until I found you. And then I would've exacted some creative vigilante justice with a stiletto and a cut-up debit card. Use your imagination.

Love always~
M.I.F.

3 comments:

TheBigHenry said...

Well put, Miffy. That mofo will eventually get his/her comeuppance; right up his/her comeuppance, as it were.

lofro said...

You're a gifted blogger, my friend. Surely BD is reading this and weeping contrite tears. I look forward to many future witty tirades.

Exie said...

I am sorry BD did this to you, certainly he/she didn't realize who they were dealing with!!!!!