Sunday, November 9, 2008

Paint the town... raspberry

A random smattering of little threads of potential interestingness happening in my life right now...

I'm pretty sure my landlord would sue me if he knew the color I painted my hallway today. Picture a raspberryish color only darker...and more saturated. Kind of like the color in my header only darker and harder to paint over. He said I could paint as long as I didn't didn't use a "dark" color. Dark is relative. Relative to black, this is not a dark color. I have to say, it isn't totally finished yet, but I'm very happy with the results. It makes my little bathroom hallway looks like a boudoir dressing room kinda thing. It's fabulous. It will be interesting, however, once my lease is up and I have to replace the dark, saturated raspberry color with a dull, boring white. Prepare to prime.

My lovely boyfriend (and I mean lovely in all the masculine ways...) will be gone on a business trip this week and every other week for the foreseeable future. I will miss him.

I'm tempted to continue my "open letter" series with a witty tirade aimed at priceline.com. I would do this if it weren't totally my own fault that I ended up with a non-refundable, exchangeable or transferrable airline ticket that is going to be very difficult to work with. Firstly, it is my own fault for waiting to book my Thanksgiving travel until two and a half weeks before the event. Secondly, it is still my fault for assuming they wouldn't possibly give me a flight during the only possible time during the requested day that could potentially be hard to work with. Except they did. The one possible window that isn't going to work well, they gave me. It's sort of poetic, really. Oh well...a lesson learned for the future. I will not make this same mistake at Christmas.

I'm sitting at Caribou across from a know-it-all doctor guru lady talking with two people I'm presuming are residents. They are sitting there quietly hanging on her every word while the doctor guru lady deigns to bless them with her fount of never-ending knowledge and experience. I'm discreetly eavesdroping, trying to only occasionally glance up to take in the bloated sense of self-importance oozing from this woman's countenance. It's an entertaining sight.

My tendonitis (in some of my internet research, it appears that the actual spelling for this word is tendinitis. That is jacked up...) inflicted foot continues to ache somewhat when I walk. This condition is depriving me of my running which I have actually been enjoying lately. It is yet again poetic in sort of a cruel way that the first time I have actually enjoyed some type of physical exertion, I would develop an injury that keeps me from engaging in said activity.

Thwarted again...

No comments: