Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Results of the Post a Day Experiment

So, really the only learning I made from the post a day experiment is that I do not want to be blogging motivated by guilt. So, no more arbitrary posting requirements. I also realized that forcing myself to post more often than I feel inspired to do so leads to sub-par quality in posting. See the Post Day 3 of 7 when I was at the end of a long day, realized I hadn't posted and could only come up with half-baked phrases recounting my day. I think I'll go back to the one or two times a week model while trying to avoid absences longer of more than a couple days.


In other news...

I saw the most ridiculous infomercial of all time today. Has anyone heard of the snuggie?

In theory, this is idea is not all bad. Actually, when I first saw it, I was all "look, no more cold arms while I read!" Then, I realized the first glaring flaw in their design. Your hands are still hanging out there, exposed to the elements. So, really, all you have are warm arms and frigid hands. May as well just put on a sweater.

Then, I realized, this is no more than a backwards robe without the tie at the waist. That makes this invention even more stupid. Why would someone go out to buy a stupid blanket with arms when almost everyone already owns a robe?

Then, I realized the greatest problem with this product. I kept having a nagging feeling that the look of the snuggie is uncomfortably close to another look I had seen before. Could the makers of the snuggie be subconsciously perpetuating a religious system?

See for yourself.


Now, behold.I'm just sayin'...

No comments: